How to turn your bedroom into a sleep cave:
Check out these tips that will help you nodding off in no time.
- Change how you think about your room:
– A bedroom should be your haven, a place of rest and relaxation, free of any unnecessary stress or stimulation
- Make your bed:
– People who make their bed every day are 19 percent more likely to report a better nights rest, according to a poll by the National Sleep Foundation.
- Find a temperature that makes you want to hibernate:
– Keeping your room a cool temperature between 60-67 degrees can help aid the process of cooling your body and is suggested for the best sleep.
- Clean out all the clutter:
– Get rid of as much clutter as possible. Try to leave clear, open space around your bed as this will set up a relaxing, calm frame of mind before bedtime.
- Choose the right wall colours:
– A study showed that the colour of your bedroom can impact the amount of sleep you get. The colours blue, yellow, and green helped sleepers get the most hours of sleep, these colours create calmness and relaxation.
- Keep your room dark:
– One of the best things for sleep is to eliminate all lights possible. That means don’t leave a lamp on, remove any night-lights, and get heavy curtains or blackout blinds to eliminate outside light.
- Keep the noise down:
– Some people are more sensitive to noise and need an almost silent environment to fall asleep.
- Don’t compromise on your mattress:
– Your choice of mattress is probably the single most important factor for comfort. As we spend a third of our lives sleeping it makes sense to invest in a mattress that’s comfortable and leaves you feeling refreshed after a night’s sleep.
- Use aromatherapy:
– Using certain scents in a room can help promote sleep, it creates an atmosphere that is relaxing and calming, which can help you wind down to sleep. The best scents to use are lavender and vanilla.